March 1, 2012

A Sunny Day … from Brazil, with a great hug!

Upon arrival home from our Guatemala missions trip, a letter awaited me from the little guy in Brazil that we sponsor through Compassion International. He sent me a ‘sunny day’ on the back of his letter, and this drawing sports his growing interest in cars along with his signature ‘intense sun’ and blue cloud.

My first guess on the vehicle is a stretch limo by the number of little penciled in bodies I detect in the interior. Then again, he may be trying to convey all the perspectives of a pick-up truck loaded down with  multiple passengers travelling together to the nearest town. Or, maybe it's a bus… of sorts? What do you think?


The best part of his brief note said that at the Compassion child development center he recently learned 1 Corinthians 3:16, and as a result he understands that …
“…we have to have Jesus forever in our hearts, and we have to let Him come in and live so that we are temples for Him… and it was really cool.”  ~Jonathan, age 7

J-drawing 2-15-12

Being a Compassion sponsor has been one of the most wonderful journeys for me. Sponsorship opened a door to the nations that allows me to regularly sow seeds of the gospel through the letters I write to our sponsored boys and girls. In each letter I have the opportunity to share bits of my life and to tell them what God has done for me. I especially love to share a bible verse or topic that reminds them how much God loves them and how special they are to His heart.

It’s so simple to provide this unique form of discipleship and encouragement that reaches around the globe, from here all the way to a very specific child in a unique household that lives in a certain village in a distant country. God does the work and multiplies the impact. I just have to be obedient to accept the invitation He offers me to join Him in the process.


What about you?  Have you ever desired to make a difference… to GO to the nations with the good news about Jesus… to be part of what God is doing outside your own backyard?


If you haven’t done anything about that desire yet, Compassion sponsorship is one of the easiest ways to be directly involved in reaching the world for Jesus Christ.

Do something  -- right now.

Click here to find out more about Compassion International’s Christian holistic child development approach to release children from poverty in Jesus name. Get started on your own personal journey to fulfill the Great Commission.

Happy travels!


~De



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...