January 13, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Awake…

I’m on the road and need a little creative boost today, so I’m linking up with Lisa Jo over at Gypsy Mama for Five Minute Friday. Here’s how it works: 
“Every Friday… we stop, drop and write. For fun, for love of the sound of words, for play, for delight, for joy and celebration at the art of communication.For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.”
Today’s topic:  Awake . . .
**Start**
Awake?! Are you kidding me.
I’m anything but an early-morning person, so the idea of writing about this topic arouses feelings of discomfort. I’d much rather snuggle in and slap down that snooze alarm an extra three or four times. Then… make my way to the kitchen for COFFEE. As I sit with warm cup in hand I process myself into a semi- state of awakeness.
Silence first. Sipping hot, steamy liquid of the freshly brewed kind, then … only then does my mind begin to step into the day.

I’m thankful that You are always awake. You never sleep. The moments when I find myself alert, in tune with life and in step with what is happening around me can not compare to the feeling of waking up to Your presence.
The most precious mornings are those when my conscious awareness begins with the realization that my spirit is worshiping and singing as I arise from the depths of my drowsiness and open my eyes to face the light of day.
I listen to my own spirit sing. I have even harmonized along with it, and that’s the best way to awake to the day.

**Stop**

Wow. That was a fast five.

~De

Read more 5 Minute Friday posts here.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...