November 13, 2011

Regal or Rotten? – Proverbs 12


More fun from Proverbs today. Here’s the verse that spoke loudest to my heart.




Scripture: Proverbs 12:4
“A wife of noble character is her husband’s crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones.”
Observation:
My character affects what others see.


Application:
I love to see my husband all decked out looking like my Mr. Strong and Handsome. Of course, he’s just as handsome to me in a sweatshirt and work jeans wearing Sawdust for cologne as he is adorned otherwise. After all, I’m looking through eyes that love.

As a wife, I can positively influence how others seem him by the way I characteristically conduct myself.

For example, when I accept and love my husband just like he is, when I speak words that build up instead of those that tear down, when I respect him as a person or as the leader of our home, when I praise all-things-man about him, – these are like the little light beams that dance off the jewels in a crown. 

Spiritually speaking, as a part of the bride of Christ, how I handle myself affects how others see Jesus. Do they see Him as the Living Regal Prince that I adore? Or do they see Him as powerless, diminished by the rotting decay I put forth?



Prayer:
Father, help me to live in such a way that I bring you honor. Help me to honor my husband in all that I do and say. I need your help to live rightly so that others see your awesomeness and desire to know the wonderful friend and love-of-my-soul that you are.

~ De

Thoughts on this passage? Or please share the verse that spoke to your heart.


proverbs-sidebar
I’m following the Proverbs in 31 Days bible study hosted by Amy at www.momstoolbox.com
Jump in at any point. Good stuff!




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...