November 11, 2011

After the storm–Proverbs 10


I prepared this posting before heading out of town to celebrate a special little someone’s first birthday. I’ve got a couple more posts scheduled for you in case I don’t have a chance to grab a connection. Watch for my Proverbs, 11 & 12 posts coming up in the next few days.

Continuing on with the Proverbs in 31 Days bible study, here’s what God spoke to my heart from chapter 10. (Is that coffee I smell?)



Scripture: Proverbs 10:25
“WHEN the storm has swept by, the wicked are gone, but the righteous STAND FIRM FOREVER.”
Observations:


First of all, notice that the verse says *when -- not if. Storms in life will happen.

Because I love God, I have the promise that I will not be completely destroyed. I will rise from the aftermath. I will come through the storms and continue steadfast.

Application:


My relationship with God and my faith in the trustworthiness of His promises will help me survive the most difficult adversities in life.

I went through a devastating time in my life. While it happened I watched, helpless as my life was ripped to shreds. I felt the sting of all the debris that battered me to the very brink of what I thought I could bear. He never left me, though it was difficult at times to hear His voice above the raging commotion. 
When this life-storm finally subsided and eventually blew on through, I didn’t exactly feel like I was standing. But I am still here because He gave me His word. And He keeps His word.

People who don’t know Jesus have nothing to anchor their life to. Life's difficulties roar through their world and just blow them away. If they would just grab onto the truth of this passage...

The storm I experienced affected my life deeply, but what remains is that which could not be touched. My faith in Jesus Christ -- who is Solid. Firm. Eternal.

Prayer:
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you, Father for your gift of righteousness by faith in the precious blood of Christ Jesus. You have proven your word. Help me to remember and recount your faithfulness when the next storm approaches.

~ De

Have you experienced a time when God proved His word to you?

proverbs-sidebar
I’m blogging my thoughts on the Proverbs in 31 Days bible study series hosted by Amy over at Mom’s Toolbox.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...