August 25, 2011

I find great delight …



...  in the smell of autumn leaves on a cool, misty Fall day.

… in the way the night sky explodes through a simple pair of binoculars.

… in fresh insight from a bible passage I've read a thousand times.

… in witnessing the moment when cooked pudding thickens.

… in the peace that surrounds a sleeping baby.

... in the promise of life in the smell of freshly plowed fields.

... at the feel of rich, sun-warmed soil trickling through my fingers.

... in baby smiles and the uncontrollable giggles of small children.

... in a good cup of coffee.

... when I lose myself in God's presence.

... at the prospect of the unexplored path that beckons.

... in the birth of a new song in my spirit.

... in a job well done.


What brings you great delight? 





~ De


Photo credit:  OctaviusB

4 comments:

  1. Lovely thoughts and words, so refreshing.

    I find delight in looking deep into the heart of a flower and marveling at the way God so intricately designed it.

    I find delight in picking tomatoes and berries from the back garden, and asparagus, cukes, dill, basil, sage, and thyme.

    I find delight in the hope of soon re-experiencing fresh cool air after this hot, hot summer.

    Thanks for these moments spent pondering such delights.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I love your list of delights. Yes! I'm right there with you on each of them. Thank you for helping the list grow.

    De

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so lovely a list, De! Thanks for the opportunity to lean my head back, close my eyes, and daydream about delights! Pam
    I find great delight in...
    ...reading blogs by other Christians
    ...pulling weeds out by the very roots
    ...sipping a cup of hot Monk's Blend tea
    ...kissing my cat in that very soft spot between his ears
    ...holding a sleeping baby
    ...lying in bed with my husband's arm around me
    ...dancing to praise music

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, I love your thoughts! Thank you for sharing more delights for us to relish. I say "ahhhhh, yes" to everything on your list (except that I've never tried Monk's Blend tea... will have to look into that.) De

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...